7.15.2011

Another update already!!

Yes, I'm SO on the ball with this one!! Had my checkup today. Discussed the induction a bit more in-depth, yay for me, she said we'd just say to heck with the cervidil, which means no overnight visit on Thursday!!! Her view was worst case scenario, we just add a couple more hours to labor, which isn't that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things. Beats sleeping in the hospital bed all pregnant and stuff!
She also did a cervix check today. Fun, fun. Said my cervix is softened, still long, and about 30% effaced. I hope that means something to some of you! All that means to me is that I'm most likely going to give birth within the next 2 weeks. (yes, I can say 2 weeks because we have an induction scheduled hehe)
One thing I noticed the last day or 2 is that Dorothy must have dropped. I was having some pretty serious sciatic nerve pain, and I was thinking somewhat seriously about cutting out part of my spine and hips temporarily, but Dorothy decided to get off of my nerves or whatever she was perched on, and now I only notice the pain when I stay in 1 position for waaaay too long. YAY!!! It's a small victory for a pregnant woman to feel this great!! In fact, I actually forgot I was pregnant today and opened the car door into my belly LOL (don't worry, it wasn't very hard and Dorothy is well insulated by lots of amniotic fluid and belly flab--who ever said belly flab is a bad thing, btw?) because I felt THAT GOOD!!!
So the next checkup is next Friday, I suppose I'll have another update for y'all then! I'm planning to enjoy the last 2 weeks of this pregnancy by devouring some HuHot this weekend with friends (YAY!!) and celebrating hubby's birthday on Thursday somehow (any cheap suggestions???). Hope you all have a great week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment