7.14.2011

FINALLY an update!

Yes, I know, it's been nearly a WEEK since my last appointment. SORRY!! Just prior to that my little B had diarrhea for A WEEEK straight and we were getting pretty worried about him. Of course, we took him to the doctor on Tuesday and Wednesday, then (assuming I should plan for him to continue being sick on Friday during my checkup) I changed my appointment just so he would get better on Thursday. Figures, huh? I guess he was just waiting for his sickness to be a real inconvenience!!
Anyway, back to the checkup. This was the 36 week checkup so the doc checked my cervix. Slightly softened, no dilation or shortening. Also did the Group B Strep swab (for those of you not familiar with this, doc swabs your "down there" parts with a GIANT q-tip and they test it for group b strep--which is completely normal--and if you test positive you get antibiotics in your IV during labor and delivery) and he of course inquired as to the readiness of Emily and Henry.
Emily had told me the other day (Friday I think) that they hadn't even STARTED Dorothy's room. YIKES!! This past weekend Henry's dad visited them and brought a crib so Emily got started on the nursery this week. As of yesterday I believe it was basically ready except she is still on the prowl for a white dresser, or at least an affordable one she can repaint. She of course has WAAAAY too many smaller clothes (isn't that the way it usually is??) and not too many bigger clothes.
As for the pregnancy, it's going smashingly STILL. On the 4th I ran into 2 different people (separately) who commented on it. 1 just did the whole "when are you due? Aren't you so ready for it?" and the other commented that I wasn't near big enough to be due in a few weeks...thanks lady. Nothing makes you feel like you're not doing a good job growing someone else's baby like saying you're not big enough (insinuating the baby won't be fully developed or something). Also, I've been having some Braxton Hicks the last few days. Mostly when I am up walking around, doing things with/for the boys a lot, so I try to keep it to a minimum at this point. Yes, it's making me lazy.
And yes, for now the induction is still planned for the 29th. However, if 2 mamas come in in labor, we get bumped for fairly obvious reasons. Shouldn't be much of a problem, though. It's a small practice and I doubt they have too many due at the same time. But, you never know!!
I have another checkup tomorrow, and hope to update within a more reasonable time period this time, but no promises!!! Life as a mom of 2 crazy kids doesn't always allow that!! For right now, I'm going to get us dressed and we'll go outside and get some fresh air before it gets too hot outside. Yay for being pregnant in July...

No comments:

Post a Comment