8.04.2010

Just over a week!!

Well, the date has changed, but only to move it up one day.  So now they will be visiting August 13th, that's next Friday!!  Of course I'm getting nervous and freaking out about the house being clean and such (those of you on facebook probably have seen a little bit of that lol) but I know I need to just relax.  I've printed off 2 sample contracts and we are going to go through and fill them in sort of, then take that info to the attorneys to have the actual contract drawn up, should all parties decide to continue on after next weekend. 
Also, we are looking at filing our own step-parent adoption.  Since I'm married, any child I give birth to is considered Bubba's.  a step-parent adoption (from what I understand) simply states that the IM is the mother of the child and that Bubba and I relinquish our parental rights.  For an attorney to file this costs $3000 plus expenses.  Ouch.  In order to save money, it sounds like we're going to try to do it ourselves.  Talk about a nail-biter!! I tried to sleep through government in high school, so I know as little as possible about the legal system!  Fortunately I have a friend who is married to a lawyer who has referred me to a professor at the University.  I have yet to call that professor, but I have the number!!
Anyway, that's the update as to what has (or hasn't) been happening lately.  Just a lot of us chatting online and texting and realizing how much more alike we are than we originally thought! 
Oh, and I read another surrogacy blog where the surro gave her IPs and the baby nicknames.  So I'm seriously considering ripping her idea off...I'm going to have my PIPs weigh in on the nickname suggestions! We'll see what we come up with!
Everyone have a great week, expect a huge update (hopefully good!) next weekend!!! Say a prayer and cross your fingers next Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment