8.13.2010

We're A Match!!!

I and the boys met Em and Henry yesterday evening after I got off work for supper at Pizza Hut.  They were FANTASTIC!!!  Poor Henry is so shy, he pretty much just sat there and smiled, but he interacted very well with my kids, so that's good.  If he can do that with a stranger's kids, he'll be a great daddy!  Em and I did most of the talking, we were all pretty nervous, but we're all glad we got the initial nervous meeting out of the way!  After Pizza Hut, they followed me to my house and we talked and talked some more.  They had a few questions for me as far as the contract goes, and I had a few for them.  I sent the 2 sample contracts with them, and my "price sheet" thingy.  We discussed a few options as far as insems go, such as how many nights to attempt per month, stuff like that.  I think we'll be buying an OPK (ovulation predictor kit) and I'll have to start using it soon.  We got lucky, my pill cycle ends tomorrow!  I was kind of nervous that they wouldn't like me, and of course they were nervous that I wouldn't like them, but they already felt like family to me.  I haven't talked to Henry much before now, but still I've seen so many pictures and heard so much about him, I just feel like they're not strangers. 
So they're coming back today for lunch and more talking and to meet Bubba.  They said our kids were beautiful (which I know they are hehe) but its always good to hear it from the outside.  I think Henry and Bradin really hit it of.  Although Zach was quite a charmer, too.  He actually jumped into Henry's lap at one point and was being silly.  I hope they (and I) didn't scare them off!! Although I did get a text last night when they got back to their hotel saying they had found their way back and wouldn't be running off tonight lol. 
It's amazing to me that they were so nervous.  I mean, they're looking to see if they want me to carry their baby, they are checking me out physically to see if I look like a fit person for that.  They're also checking out my kids to see if they want a child that might have some traits similar to my kids.  The only thing I looked for in them was to see how they acted around my kids (which, for a first time nervous visit, they did amazing! At bedtime I had to tell Zach it was time to stop and they stopped playing with him and got unexcited looks on their faces so he would stop playing.  How perfect!!) and if they creeped me out (which they didn't).  I will be very comfortable handing their baby over to them, with the understanding that I will still be in touch with them after they go home. 
Anyway, that's how it went yesterday evening, it was like a dream come true!!!  I'm going to go finish my potato salad for lunch today and get ready for the day! Hope everyone has a fantastic day!! I know I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment