8.02.2011

The Aftermath

Today is Tuesday, Baby Dorothy was born on Friday. I can't believe how GREAT I feel!! **WARNING: TMI!!! STOP READING IF YOU DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT!**
The bleeding has slowed significantly, I'm only going to the bathroom a few times a day now (back to normal!) because I don't feel the need to spray myself with the dermoplast every 2 hours ;) (that stuff is AMAZING!!! HEAVEN IN A CAN!!), and my body isn't as stiff and sore as it was. I'm still not back to 100% yet, and I don't think I'll be riding my bike until next spring, but I think I'll be able to carry my toddler OVER the baby gate by the end of the week.
Another fun development: my milk decided to try coming in overnight last night. Woke up this morning with damp spots on my shirt and sore breasts. Not fun. Especially when I tried to put on my bra this morning and what used to be a full-coverage situation is now a "shoot, am I going to fall out of this one today?" situation. BUT, hopefully this will only last a few days and then it will go away.
Baby Dorothy is doing well, Emily was asking me yesterday about giving her more formula per feeding, since she gets fussy about a half hour after feedings and it's not diaper or gas or anything else. It's so fantastic to still be included in her life, and I'm more than happy to throw my thoughts out there for her. (not that they're necessarily right, but they're there LOL) All of her grandparents have met her now, I believe. She has 1 set that lives several hours away from them, so they weren't 100% sure when they were going to see her as his health is a bit questionable at the moment, but I imagine it won't be too much longer if they haven't met her yet.
It is time for me to head to the pharmacy, I get to go pick up more dermoplast (yes, we still have a good relationship with each other!!) and grab a few minor groceries, then I get to go sign the FINAL bit of legal paperwork I have to do for this surrogacy. Can't believe in a few short hours it will literally all be DONE!! Emily and Henry will still have some legal stuff to do on their part, but once I sign papers today, I'll have NO connection (legally) to the baby!! Hope everyone has a fantastic day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment