1.08.2011

First Official Prenatal Visit!

Yesterday was my first real prenatal visit. It was pretty amazing! Had a medical student in there with the doc, apparently it was quite helpful to him that I let him do the exam and pap, that way he saw on the ultrasound machine what a 10 week fetus/uterus looks like, then felt it during the exam. That was VERY interesting, I've never had so many people in the room checking out my private parts when I've not been in labor!!
So anyway, they did an ultrasound yesterday, that was pretty cool to see. The doc actually snapped a pic of the machine with the pic on it during the ultrasound and messaged it to Emily, it was neat! (he assured me that that was all he had taken a picture of and showed me that he had deleted it afterwards lol)
Then we got to preregister. BOY, was THAT fun...ugh! Turns out the hospital wants the ENTIRE max out of pocket, and they want it all BEFORE the baby is due, which is in 7 months. HOW RUDE!! That's just over $350 per month, which is a LOT of money!! So long story short, we're going to try to explain to them that technically the drs office will be entitled to some of that as well, and since the drs office bills AFTER the birth, they won't have to pay it all up front and they will be able to EAT while they're waiting for their baby lol!
So yes, we saw the baby, she's seen the pics, I'll see if I can figure out how to post one on here, but no promises. Next appointment is in February, just have to go to Iowa City sometime in the next 2 weeks to get the genetic testing done, just a blood draw, no big deal.
So, I guess the next big update is in a month. Like I'll be able to hold off till then!! Hope evreyone's having a great start to 2011!!! Blessings to you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment