1.04.2011

Nurse Visit Day

Had my appointment with the nurse from my OB clinic today. It was purely giving medical history, labs, pee in a cup, and organizing some details for when Henry and Emily come to appointments. I did actually happen to speak with the doctor today, but only because he came in the room to give the nurse some info for another patient, and he re-introduced himself to me, and I got to meet the medical student. Not sure if the medical student is a long-term thing, but he was easy on the eyes, if you know what I mean ;) Both the nurse and the doctor had some questions for me about surrogacy, it was kind of like I was the circus freak but I totally understand.
There was one interesting event that transpired: our due date may have changed. I'm having trouble (as is Emily) figuring out how we got our guess at a due date, but using the wheel and going by both when I ovulated AND my last period (I know TMI, sorry!) she said it gives us a due date of August 1st, give or take a day or 2. Anyway, the good news about that (there's 2 bits of it) are:
1. Emily will have more time with the baby before going back to school if s/he is born at the beginning of August rather than the end.
2. Due to the confusion, it ups our chance of having an ultrasound on Friday. The nurse said that between that and the "special circumstances" we might get one, but she was afraid to sound too sure, so I won't get mad if he doesn't do one, I'm sure.
Anyway, for the new possible due date, it looks like we're at 10weeks 1day.
So that's been my day, I had a HUGE craving for Taco Bell, so I went and got myself a chalupa and some nachos for lunch, which were FANTASTIC with some lemonade (now I understand the connection between mexican food and lime margaritas), the chips were so WONDERFULLY salty, the chalupa was perfectly seasoned and had just the right amount of hot sauce on it, the lemonade was the perfect sour addition, oh, it was like Heaven in my mouth! That is officially the first craving that I have fulfilled that I have actually liked the flavor of once I got it!!
Oh, and for those of you who like these things: all bets are on girl at this point. With the boys (yes, both) I craved sweets, the mere thought of sugar turns my stomach at this point. Also, a chinese gender predictor online said girl (I checked and it said boy for both of the boys). Henry and Emily are excited yet apprehensive at the thought of a girl, I just told Henry he needs to oil up his shotgun and he'll be fine ;) I have heard something about some method of telling sex by the placement of the placenta (left or right) on the ultrasound early, so I'm going to ask which side it's on as there are a group of us on my mom's board who are curious and have decided to do this just for fun. I'll let y'all know!!
Friday is my wonderful first visit with the OB, pap (can we say oh yay?) will be done then, and I think we will register for the payments. Ought to be interesting!!
Oh, and I am not allowed to say any names, but I just have to spill it: I have a friend who is also pregnant now!!! She thinks she is due around Sept. 1, so we will get to be pregnant together this summer!!! WAHOO!!! Have a fantastic week, everyone, I'll catch ya up on the due date (hopefully) on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment