6.26.2010

Decisions, Decisions!

Heard back from the TX couple this morning.  Turns out they are OK with just 2 of us flying down there to meet them.  I explained that we decided it wasn't a very good choice to take our 2 young children to meet strangers a thousand miles away.  So now I have a dilemma.  Is it OK for me to meet both couples and see who I match with better?  I feel a connection to both, so I honestly don't feel like I can decide from just emails back and forth.  My problem lies in that I know it's expensive to do that.  For 2 of us to go to TX it's going to cost about $2,000 when you add in everyone's lost wages, daycare, flights, hotel and a rental car.  Of course they don't seem to think that's outrageous (being from small-town Iowa, I do!), but that's a lot of money to spend if you're just meeting someone who MIGHT become your surrogate. 
Right now it's looking as if I'll be taking a friend with me, Bubba's not much of a traveller, but that would open up more weekends to go.  I have to make sure it will work for my wonderful daycare provider, since she has said she will keep the boys if needed as long as it is on a weekend that works for her.  Of course, this is not a problem, and I'm more than happy to help her earn some extra money, especially when it's money that I don't have to pay!  So I guess I just have to figure out if it's OK to meet both couples and make the decision then.  Anybody have any input on that one?

No comments:

Post a Comment