6.15.2010

Waiting is the hardest part!

Wow.  I hate waiting.  I know I haven't posted in the past few days, but nothing has really gone on!  I did get info from an attorney here in Iowa about how much a PBO (pre birth order, basically says the IPs would be the parents, not me and Bubba, on the birth certificate) would cost.  For a GS it would be $3,000 plus expenses (usually around $500) and for a TS it would be $6,000 plus expenses (apparently 2 court proceedings required for TS so it doubles the cost).  Why does it have to be so expensive?!  I know that EVERYTHING about the surrogacy process is expensive and time consuming, but it seems the one common complaint in EVERY surrogacy arrangement is dealing with the legalities.
But I've been browsing the surrogacy classifieds and replied to a few who have in turn replied to me.  One of the main drawbacks is for a GS most RE's want a BMI that is below 30.  Sadly mine is 35.5.  The couple who is using the clinic in Chicago's RE only requires below 35.  That means about 5 lbs I need to lose.  I've already lost about 10 since beginning the surrogacy adventure.  Not bad but as we all know, the farther we get down on that scale, the harder it is for the pounds to come off (especially when your husband suggests spaghetti and garlic bread for supper and you eat 3 pieces of garlic bread, fully knowing there's 10 grams of fat in EACH SLICE!!!)
Anyway, I get to go play mommy now, hope you all enjoy reading about nothing happening!

1 comment:

  1. So, unbeknownst to me, there were some things going on this weekend on the surrogacy front! The PA couple's friend offered to be their TS, so I'm out of the runnings there. Also, I've been stalking the classifieds and responded to a few of those and am talking to a couple from MO. I know, I know, it's Missouri. But, hey, at least this way I can ensure his daddy isn't his grandpa, right? lol sorry, bad Missouri joke. Couldn't help myself! Everyone wish me luck, pray that someone comes along who can deal with the stupid Iowa way to do a PBO!

    ReplyDelete