6.11.2010

The Waiting Game

Well, I know this is way off subject, but today started out a bit rough, couldn't get to sleep last night so I was awake till midnight, and as usual, babies have that 6th sense and wake up extra early when you need to sleep in!  5 1/2 hours of sleep just isn't quite enough to function correctly!  Anyway, Zach's ride to VBS had 2 sick kids, so I got to take him.  I'm glad for that for 2 reasons: 1. I got to stop and chat with some "old" (from a while back, they're very young!) friends whom I hadn't seen for a while and 2. I got to observe Zach in his native habitat.  Unfortunately, Zach in his native habitat isn't always a good thing.  You know how no matter where you go (if there's kids there) there's bound to be that ONE kid who runs around like a heathen, can't sit still for more than 1 second and doesn't listen to ANYBODY when everyone's screaming for him to stop because there's a car about to hit him or something? Well, that's my Zach.  I love him to death, don't get me wrong, but sometimes I just want him to be someone else's problem!  Especially in public!  I know it's always more embarrassing when it's your kid, the other parents are probably thinking "wow, glad it's not just mine who does that!" but we are fairly consistent with the "fun" behaviors. Anyway, enough about the "joys" of parenting, back to surrogacy.  The joys of carrying someone else's baby!

So today is just another day in the waiting game.  Waiting for the Chicago IPs to get back from a vacation to see how they feel about the whole Iowa legal thing, waiting for the PA IP's to discuss my fees and get back to me on whether or not they're agreeable to them. I hate waiting.  I wish it was all instantaneous, I shoot them numbers, they come right back with a yes or no.  I can take a no, there's always other IPs.  The waiting is the hardest part!!
Oh, and I must mention I've gotten LOTS of compliments on this blog, which surprises me.  I can't imagine why you all really want to sit there and read me babbling on and on about this and that...although I do it so why should it surprise me??  I suppose I'm more interesting to others than I am to myself!  Thanks everyone for the support!   Now, back to those wonderful kiddos of mine.  They're around here somewhere, right? hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment